View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:16 pm

Welcome
Welcome to THE CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE Board!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 50's movie like Quatermaster and the pit 

50's movie like Quatermaster and the pit
OK I have been searchign for this for the longest time. stumbles on this board and was shocked to know there is a community of people like me who remember this great show. But enough of that. Just wanted to say hi since this is my first post.

Now the movie. I have searched but everyone keeps saying its 5miilion miles to earth and the Qaurtermaster and the pit. Its not that. But it is like it. Same idea. Same grasshopper like aliens. I can not remember if it was black and white or or turned color later on.

But the idea is the same like I said. They uncover a spaceship in a subway. They find the aliens in the ship. The grasshoppers are actually more insect like and detailed than the QMatP movie and they disect parts of them there and not removed....now this is where it gets fuzzy..all I remember is at the end they start glowing and everyone starts running out of the tunnel and it blows up.
Was this an american take on the movie? I tried and tried to find it but since I do not know the name of this possible remake? I looked at the 50's BBC version and that too does not look right.

ok enough rambling but hope this helps.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:09 pm

Re: 50's movie like Quatermaster and the pit
First off, welcome to the board Specter!

Second, it sounds like you have a good mystery going there. If you simply said what you remembered, I (as well as everyone else I'm sure) would have said that the movie was "Five Million Years to Earth"/"Quatermass and the Pit". However, since you've said that it is NOT that movie I'm pretty well stumped. I've never seen/heard of a remake, and something with that many similar details certainly sounds like either a remake or a rip-off! Do you have a general idea when you might have seen this movie? Was it back in the days of CDF or would it have been more recent? That could help to narrow it down a bit. Perhaps someone else will have some idea about this flick.

Oh well, we'll all be eaten by Zigra sooner or later.

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:39 pm

ok thinking more about it. It was something like the movie like said. the insects were more grasshopper like and in a crystaline cacoon state. One I think disintergrated or crumbled when it was touched since it was not protected by the cacoon.

And my memory might not be 100 but if I remember the wall they broke through was like the tunnel wall with tiles. And it was not to deep in where they found the ship.

The more I think about it the more I think it was a low budget retelling of this movie done in the U.S. or made in the U.S.

Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:48 am

I agree with the Colonel.
If the movie in question is not 5MYtE/QatP, then it can only be a remake/cheap knock off of it. There are way too many similarities to be anything else. If it turns out it is indeed a different version, I would be very interested in seeing it.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:51 pm

Mee too. Even if it's a "cheap knock-off" it's still something related to something that I love!

Oh well, we'll all be eaten by Zigra sooner or later.

Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:58 pm

me three..and I am almost positive I was it on CDF..I mean where else would it be shown...

The Movie Loft????

Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]