View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:40 pm

Welcome
Welcome to THE CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE Board!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Gene Gene the Dancing Machine 

Re: Gene Gene the Dancing Machine
It's been decades since I last saw Match Game or classic Hollywood Squares. I really would like to visit them again as I'm quite sure some of the double entendres and jokes just went sailing over my head the first time around.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:49 pm

BCI put out really nice "Best of" DVD sets for THE MATCH GAME, the all-star FAMILY FEUD episodes (where you'd get the cast of GILLIGAN'S ISLAND playing the cast of THE BRADY BUNCH and the like), and THE PRICE IS RIGHT (mostly 70s Bob Barker episodes, along with Bob's final week of shows and some early Bill Cullen black and white episodes from the show's first incarnation), and PASSWORD, which were later repackaged by Mill Creek at a super-low price (the BCI disc sets were $30 or so, the Mill Creeks generally run $9 or less). Well worth picking up if you have fond memories of these.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 4:56 pm

Beastball wrote:
I used to watch WOF when Chuck hosted and I remember whenever someone was given the choice of "on account or gift certificate", no one ever chose account-- it was always gift certificate. I guess no one wanted to save their winnings.

I believe that if you put the remainder on account you would have to win another game to use it. If you didn't win again the money was lost.

Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:09 pm

Ah, thanks for clarifying that CDF Fan. It was something of a mystery to me all these years.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:59 am

I know this is deviating from the thread topic, but another great show was Carol Burnett. There are so many funny clips on YouTube. As well as Dean Martin Roasts. Google two of my favorites that are bound to make you laugh.....
1) 'Tim Conway Elephant Story'
2) 'Dean Martin Foster Brooks airline'

Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:56 pm

Excellent suggestions, Baddbonz! I love love love the Tim Conway / Harvey Korman skits especially if Tim is playing that old man. Harvey cannot stop from cracking up, which makes it all the more funny. One of the funniest is their dentist sketch, but there are so many that are too funny.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2