View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:07 am

Welcome
Welcome to THE CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE Board!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Go, You Chicken Fat, Go! 

Go, You Chicken Fat, Go!
If you were like me, a child of the 70's (or 60s) and went to public school, you most probably were subjected to this song at some point in elementary school.

As I recall we all groaned whenever the teacher put this record on as it's so corny, but I didn't mind the excercise part because it was a welcome distraction from sitting there being bored. I remember me and my friends would go nuts with the running in place and doing the bicycle. I guess we had a lot of pent up energy that 20 minutes of running around during recess couldn't tire us out.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:19 pm

Re: Go, You Chicken Fat, Go!
mmmm

don't recall this at all

the boxy record player brings back memories though.

we still have a turntable. use it a lot. love it.

Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:55 am

Consider yourself fortunate, astroal. I also remember this song being played on those rainy days when we had "indoor recess". I did a little searching for more information about "Chicken Fat" and it turns out, according to the JFK Library, that:

Quote:
Chicken Fat, also known as “The Youth Fitness Song.” Composed for President Kennedy’s Physical Fitness Program. Recordings of this song were sent to school districts throughout the United States to accompany the official U.S. Physical Fitness program of the President’s Council on Physical Fitness

http://www.jfklibrary.org/Asset-Viewer/9s-yJbLYuUyLS7_xlNTuLw.aspx

So this song was still being used in schools a full decade after Kennedy's fitness program began, and judging from some of those youtube comments, it's still being used!

Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:31 pm

HA!

Look what's popped up in the latest iPod / iPhone / iThingie whatever commercial

Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]