View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:13 am

Welcome
Welcome to THE CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE Board!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Hurricane Ike hits Houston 

Re: Hurricane Ike hits Houston
A bit late getting to this, but I wanted to let you know that my thoughts are with you during the recovery Daimajinbob. Nature realy can be a scary (and unpredictible) thing. Your likening the damage to your apartment to Godzilla passing through is apt. Waiting for, and sitting through, a hurricane is a bit like a REAL LIFE version of CDF--except for the fact that the fear of destruction is real.

I've heard that many are STILL without power and have heard similar stories to the one you mentioned about the guy going nuts when the gas ran out.

It's funny (not ha-ha funny though) how once Ike turned away from New Orleans and headed for Texas it instantly became a bit less of a news story. I mean, the storm and its destruction were reported and all, but you just KNOW if it had happened to New Orleans the news media would have been ALL over it to the nth degree. The exact same level of destruction in a different area calls for a different level of coverage depending on the anticipated ratings. Sad.

Oh well, glad you're okay and hope the next few weeks (or however long it takes) of clean up and recovery go well for everyone affected.

Oh well, we'll all be eaten by Zigra sooner or later.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:55 pm
Site Admin

Re: Hurricane Ike hits Houston
Thank you. There are towns 50-75 miles north of Houston which are still without power and they wont have any until OCTOBER. Huntsville (which is 75 miles north and the central location of a lot of prisons) only has 50% power running. The east side of I-45N does not have power while the west side is up and running. A good chunk of Houston is still in the dark.

Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2