View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:36 am

Welcome
Welcome to THE CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE Board!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 J&S Smoke Shop 

J&S Smoke Shop
Does anybody else but me remember a commercial on channel 56 around Halloween time 78-80. Just a commercial about Halloween costumes and stuff, but for some reason It had an impact on me till this day. That would be a great one to get a hold of again.Anybody back me up on this one? :?

Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:13 pm

Was it a commercial for a specific store, or did they list the stores at the end of the commercial ( available at....) ?

If we can get a store name, it may be searchable on youtube

Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:35 pm

The name of the store Is " J & S smoke shop". They might have had one or two locations in mass, I'm not sure witch towns? The commercial had an eerie voice describing a Halloween sale they were having, and threw out the whole commercial they had people wearing the masks that they were selling, peeking out from corners and dark places in witch the store was located (witch looked like an old mill building) very creepy. It was a special treat back then to have this commercial in between CDF segments, or maybe CF. It ran four at least three years or so, because I can remember thinking how cool It was to see the same commercial for another year. This has got to be 77,78,79. Someware around this time. Somebody has to recall this, it was as common as the percission motors or the oh oh better get makko spots. Somebody else? I cant be the only one! :? :?

Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:59 pm

Oh yeah, I checked on youtube and didn't find anything. :(

Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:22 pm

Quote:
The name of the store Is " J & S smoke shop"...

Oh, yeah. I should pay closer attention to the thread title :oops:

I'll see what comes up with a general Google search.

Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:37 pm

it was in waltham. i remember these commercials.

i always wanted to go there but folks wouldn't take me.

i think the store is still there. haven't been to waltham in a while though.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:49 am

Spooky voice:

"The J&S Smoke Shop, 100 Moody Street Waltham... Mwah Ha Haaa..."

I remember that ad, with a short shot, looking down, at the confused looking black cat next to a pumpkin. My friend and I always cracked up when it came on and would mimic the ad in the car while driving around.

DW

Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:58 am

i googled it and looked around youtube too :cry: . nothing.

Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:10 am

Oh well you win some and you lose some. Mabey it will turn up someday. I guess I just wanted to here that somebody else besides myself remembered It . I have been talking about this one for years, but nobody I know can recall It. I had forgotten all about the black cat thanks Dr. Who. :D

Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:32 pm

I actually went there a few times in the 80's. It was such a cool store with a wall of Halloween masks and any kind of joke and magic item you could imagine. I miss stores like that!

Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:08 am

I looked on google and nothing showed up for J&S somke shop, but I did get a J&N joke shop on 329 moody st Waltham. I wonder if this is at all related to the other somehow? Mabey the name got changed and it moved down the street a bit? Sounds pretty cool anyway, mabey Ill make a trip there soon just to find out what the scoop is and pick up some gags while Im there. :)

Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:59 pm

Remember Mr. Big Toyland on Moody Street. I think Jack's Joke Shop in Boston had a commercial on CDF as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCERFslrYr4

Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:14 am

That's what actually started me taking the 2 hour ride from me to Waltham. Mr. Big's Toyland was an awesome toystore for Japanese animation toys. When I was walking to the store I noticed J&S and remembered the cool commercial! Is anyone closer to Waltham that could check what stores are there and what fun stuff they stock?

Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:52 am

bugguy01 wrote:
That's what actually started me taking the 2 hour ride from me to Waltham. Mr. Big's Toyland was an awesome toystore for Japanese animation toys. When I was walking to the store I noticed J&S and remembered the cool commercial! Is anyone closer to Waltham that could check what stores are there and what fun stuff they stock?

Mr. Big Toyland has been gone for years. I may take a ride to Waltham this weekend to see how Moody Street has changed. Worst case I'll end up at the Watch City Brewery - it's like a toy store for adults.

Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:50 pm

Back when I used to go there they were in the process of going out of business and it was sad. They had such an assortment of cool toys that today, would probably be worth a ton of money. The people that ran it were super nice too.

Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next