View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:28 pm

Welcome
Welcome to THE CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE Board!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 KTMA-000 The Green Slime 

KTMA-000 The Green Slime
Here's something I thought I would never see: The original "long lost" pilot for MST3K.

Part 1

Part 2

It's interesting that Joel got the first inspiration for YOU ARE HERE (which morphed into MST3K) from The Omega Man last man on Earth premise, and specifically the scene where Neville is watching Woodstock all by himself and making snide comments.

EDIT:
I added links because it seems the youtube inbeds aren't working

Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:30 pm
Site Admin

Re: KTMA-000 The Green Slime
I corrected it for you

Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:57 pm

Thank you.
Weird how the embed code provided by youtube won't load. I copied and pasted the whole code like I always do and it didn't work. I see that you only used a small portion of the code to make it work. How did you know it would work?

Anyhoo, I did what you did to fix an embed I did for my UFO thread, and it works fine now :-)

Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:45 pm
Site Admin

Beastball wrote:
Thank you.
Weird how the embed code provided by youtube won't load. I copied and pasted the whole code like I always do and it didn't work. I see that you only used a small portion of the code to make it work. How did you know it would work?

Anyhoo, I did what you did to fix an embed I did for my UFO thread, and it works fine now :-)

Yes only the line of the code following 'watch?v=' is used between the YouTube markers

Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:59 pm

cool i'll check this out. green slime is a wonderful craptastic movie all on its own

Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:57 pm

Funny that this should be out there now, and that you would post it now Beastball (thanks for doing so by the way, and thanks Daimajinbob for correcting the problem). As it turns out, I just bought season 0 on DVD at the Rock and Shock show last week. It's got 19 movies on it (including the same footage as above for "The Green Slime". This dealer had a ton of neat "not-commercially-available" stuff for sale. They had every season of MST3K. Of course complete seasons would have a lot of episodes that are now legitimately available on DVD. I wanted to get season 3, but I've already bought a bunch of episodes from that season online. Figured the rarity of season 0 made it worth it, even though I wasn't sure exactly what I'd be getting--quality-wise.

It is interesting to see what's the same and what's different in the first episode. You can see that it was very much a work-in-progress, and had a ways to go before becoming the polished show that we're so familiar with.

Oh well, we'll all be eaten by Zigra sooner or later.

Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]