View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:41 am

Welcome
Welcome to THE CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE Board!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 MacBook 

MacBook
Well, I can finally write something in this forum! After four years of not having internet at home (that's when we dumped our dial-up and didn't bother to get anything else), I now have a brand new MacBook! We still don't have internet at home, but because of the miracle of wi-fi it isn't necessary at the moment. The MacBook is picking up wireless signals around our neighborhood (shhh), and I can go to anyplace that offers free wireless (which seems to be practically everywhere these days--libraries, McDonald's, Starbucks...). It looks like I'll finally be able to spend more time at the board again. For the last four years my internet access has mostly come from work (shhh again) and signing up for time at libraries or using a friend's computer when visiting.

I can't say this is the first time we've made the switch to Mac. My wife (girlfriend at the time) bought an iMac WAYYYY back when they were first introduced. That one is still sitting down in the basement along with a woefully out-of-date PC a friend gave to me a couple years ago. Suddenly I'm back in the Mac game, and I'm looking forward to all the benefits of playing that game! It's gonna take some serious learning of what everyone else would consider "basic" knowledge, but I should be able to get back to my CDF research and hopefully will soon have some valuable information about the show for fellow CDF fans.

Oh well, we'll all be eaten by Zigra sooner or later.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:37 am

Re: MacBook
Hey, what ever way you have to use to get the this forum, it's always a huge plus when you're here Col!

What better way than to take advantage of all the free sevice offered all over

Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:04 am

Re: MacBook
i got a mac book recently. i love it. still using the pc more but slowly switching over. i love how much better the mac is at managing wireless internet.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]