View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:19 pm

Welcome
Welcome to THE CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE Board!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Movie Help! 

Movie Help!
Hi -

I can only remember the end of this movie. There is a castle that gets set on fire (the hero and 'heroine' come up from the basement of it since it is on fire I think), a woman in a pink nightgown comes out (she is in love with the male lead) and there is fire all around. When she gets closer to him she ends up melting. The movie is in color.....

HELP!

Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Movie Help!
Hmm...this is a tough one for me. All I have to go by is the movie ending and not the whole plot. Can you tell me when you saw the movie? Maybe we can narrow it down a bit.

Oh and welcome to the forum!

Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:16 pm

Yeah, this is stumping me too Beastball. While it's only a description of the ending, there does seem to be enough detail to get something out of it. It does SEEM familiar. The castle ending has a bit of a "The Terror" sound to it--except that "The Terror" was in B&W and ended with water ratehr than fire (as well as not having any melting woman that I recall). The fire-engulfed ending also reminds me a bit of "Die, Monster, Die", but only because of the fire aspect. I think those two movies can certainly be ruled out.

Didn't at least one (and possibly more) of Roger Corman's "Poe Cycle" movies end with a castle or mansion burning? I know most of them were in color, but haven't seen all of them. One of these movies, or possible a Hammer title seem like they could fit the bill. Best I can come up with at the moment. Anyone else have any ideas?

Oh well, we'll all be eaten by Zigra sooner or later.

Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:56 pm

the terror was in color. i bet this is it. the woman did melt at the end.

Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:03 pm

It's very possible The Terror is the movie the OP is looking for. IMDB.com seems to verify that. Most of the elements he describes is here except there is a flood and not a fire as Col. Manning pointed out. A quick look at a portion of one of the reviews at imdb.com:
Quote:
The ending scenes in the collapsing castle were ridiculously low budget with brown foam "bricks" falling everywhere only to float in the water, and the fade-change of Ilsa at the end into a melted wax dead body effect...that was just cheesy beyond belief, even for that day and age of film effects. The ocean waves crashing effects were also way overplayed and poorly done and the matt paintings of the castle sets were pretty bad too.

Here is the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xz3TWgWyF8

Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:48 pm

Oh yeah, I totally forgot that it was in color! I've gotten so used to seeing the washed-out cheap public doamin DVDs of the movie that I just kind of "felt" like it was B&W. Now that I'm reminded of the color I recall the red military jacket that Jack Nicholson wore. Completely forgot about the melting woman too. Guess it's time to watch it again!

Oh well, we'll all be eaten by Zigra sooner or later.

Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:59 am

Could it be "House of Wax" with Vincent Price? That place went up in flames at the end and I am sure there were plenty of melting figures...

DW

Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:53 am

Hmmm.. Maybe The Gorgon. I seem to remember it ending in a fire.

Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]