View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:43 pm

Welcome
Welcome to THE CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE Board!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Other Hobbies 

I just gotta let loose on this topic! I am the biggest freakin Star Wars freak I know, sold my sole to Mr Lucas If It may be! Also spent half my income on Star Wars crap too!! But I just can't get enouf of It. I am very excited for the up coming Clone Wars feature coming to theaters next month. It's been three years since the big screen, and I can't wait! Indiana Jones was nice and It actually brought a tear to my eye. But I eat, s**t, and sleep Star Wars,so keep them coming!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:05 am

I'm a Star Wars fan too, Gojira junky, though I try to keep my collecting to a minimum. I've got all six movies (of course) and The Holiday Special :twisted:
I've got a bunch of the old Marvel comic adaptations and a few magazines, but the one thing I had to have was the original trading cards. I've got the complete 1977 series (blue, red, yellow, green and orange borders) and most of the stickers. :)

Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:51 pm

I also have the 1977 complete topps star wars collection with all the stickers too.I also have the rest of the trilogy with the stickers also(the empire strikes back took me the longest with all the stlckers,very hard to find and very expensive) But my collection has been complete for a few years now,and im very proud of it. Not to mention i have just about every topps star wars series that came out, right up to episode III. I also have lots of different movie and television cards from topps threw the 70s,80s,and 90s.I even just completed a set of Indiana Jones, Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull set.I don't mean to sound like im bragging, but Im the only one I know thats into this stuff and I never get to tell anyone this( or if I do they just humor me and say,oh thats cool) :lol: Thats why Im so addicted to this board,because I can talk about these things and someone takes a bit of interest. But now I am up to my fourth child at 1 years old now,so the spending on all these useless items has taken a turn.Im the biggest kid I know,but I guess there has to be a time to put aside these things and start paying attention to whats really important! :( but :D

Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:46 pm

the holiday special is beautifully bad.

Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:36 am

You hit It right on the nose astroal. The holiday special is perfectly horrible! And I wouldn't change It a bit. Every time I watch It, I get a very comfortable nostalgic feeling . I was 6 years old and didn't care how bad It was as long as I could watch It on TV. I mean I don't think I saw A New Hope a second time until 1980 when It aired on HBO. What ever fix we could get back then of a galaxy far far away would have to do no matter how bad It was. :shock:

Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:11 pm

^^^

I have to admit trading cards are my one weakness. I've managed to re-collect all the cards I collected as a kid and a few modern series. Most of these are of both vintage and updated series:

Wacky Packages*
Star Trek*
Lost in Space*
Munsters*
Planet of the Apes*
Space: 1999
U.F.O.
Dr. Who
Charlie's Angels*
You'll Die Laughing Creature Feature (1973)
Three Stooges*
Abbott and Costello
Six Million Dollar Man*
Godzilla
Incredible Hulk
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
King Kong (1976)
Jaws II
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
KISS*
Superman (1978)*
Gilligan's Island
Happy Days
Battlestar Galactica (1978)*

* Multiple series

I think that's just about all of them

Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:59 pm

Sometimes I wander into this store called Lee's Collectibles and I see things like trading cards and old Kenner Star Wars stuff and I get really tempted.
The thing that always stops me is that little voice in my head that says "where are you gonna put all this stuff once you start collecting?". I always talk myself out of it but one of these days I may get weak and break down.

Just out of curiosity, how much could I end up spending roughly if I were to collect all the classic SW Topps series trading cards w/ stickers?

Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:09 pm

as a kid i don't remember thinking it was bad. i think i just fixiated on the boba fett cartoon. i do vageuly remember wondering what the deal was with all the singing.

8)

Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:29 am

skorch wrote:
...Just out of curiosity, how much could I end up spending roughly if I were to collect all the classic SW Topps series trading cards w/ stickers?

The one thing I maintained in all my card collecting was not to overspend. I collected all my cards through eBay...I wish I remembered how much I spent altogether on the cards, but I know it wasn't that much. I'd guess $6 to $10 per set. Cards were in great shape too! It seems there was such a glut of cards available. Of course the key is patience and to keep an eye on as many auctions as possible. If I got outbid on one auction, there was always another one. It takes alot longer to collect this way, but I had fun. Complete sets with stickers always commanded more money, so I concentrated on getting the cards first. There were plenty of auctions for stickers and wrappers separately. This was a few years ago, so I don't know how it is now.

Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:30 pm

Thanks!

Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:30 pm

Nice selection of cards beastball . I think my favorite is my battlestar galactica set with the wonder bread series (actually I just looked at them there is no were on the card that says wonder, It might be hostes I don't remember?) to go along with it. And my close encounters set has big sentimental value for me, It's my first set I collected when I was 7 with all the stickers too, all by myself with my own money. And managed to keep them In mint condition for 30 years now. I show these of with glee. But then again nobody I know really cares,they just humor me. :roll: [/quote]

Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:41 am

Thanks, Gojira junky!

Funny thing about those CE3K cards: not one picture of Roy Neary (Richard Dreyfuss) in the lot. The star of the movie and he's completely missing from the cards! Must have been some contract issue...

Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:49 pm

I can't believe I never noticed that! I mean It's been awile since I looked at them, but I should have realized It at some point, and here I am talking about my favorite sets. I honestly never noticed. Thanks for the info beastball. :oops:

Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2