View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:53 am

Welcome
Welcome to THE CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE Board!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Other Hobbies 

Other Hobbies
Well, lets see...
Is sports a hobby? If so then you can add baseball and football as an interests of mine.
WWII History has always been an interest of mine going back to grade school. This includes war movies and model building, though I haven't built a model in over 10 years.
I used to be a game head, going to the arcades in the early '80s, then getting a Nintendo system, then Playstations and finally computer games (specifically Microsoft Air Combat I and II). The only game I play now with any regularity is MS Flight Sim 9.
I used to do a bit of fresh water fishing, but haven't gone in a long time.
I'm a huge SF buff and enjoy most sci-fi movies and shows
Same goes for the Bond movies (especially the Connery Bond)
I really enjoy British comedies especially Black Adder, Monty Python, Benny Hill, Fawlty Towers, and Red Dwarf.
The only current American comedies I like seem to be all cartoons like South Park, Simpsons, Futuramma, and the other Fox cartoons.

Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:06 pm
Site Admin

I play the Flugelhorn.

Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:08 pm

I had to look that up; I didn't know what that was :lol:
I have no musical talent (that I know of) or carry a tune.

Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:20 pm
Site Admin

Beastball wrote:
I had to look that up; I didn't know what that was :lol:
I have no musical talent (that I know of) or carry a tune.

it's the horn Chuck Mangione uses

Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:26 pm
Site Admin

This is a flugelhorn

[/img]Image

Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Other Hobbies
Beastball wrote:
Well, lets see...
Is sports a hobby? If so then you can add baseball and football as an interests of mine.
WWII History has always been an interest of mine going back to grade school. This includes war movies and model building, though I haven't built a model in over 10 years.
I used to be a game head, going to the arcades in the early '80s, then getting a Nintendo system, then Playstations and finally computer games (specifically Microsoft Air Combat I and II). The only game I play now with any regularity is MS Flight Sim 9.
I used to do a bit of fresh water fishing, but haven't gone in a long time.
I'm a huge SF buff and enjoy most sci-fi movies and shows
Same goes for the Bond movies (especially the Connery Bond)
I really enjoy British comedies especially Black Adder, Monty Python, Benny Hill, Fawlty Towers, and Red Dwarf.
The only current American comedies I like seem to be all cartoons like South Park, Simpsons, Futuramma, and the other Fox cartoons.

Looks like we have a lot in common Beastball.

I was interested in WWII as a kid when I used to have army men (remember those, a buck a bag) and the past couple of years I've really gotten back into it.
I've been reading Churchill's 6 volume series on the war, I'm halfway through vol 3 "The Grand Alliance". And picked up the DVD set "The World at War" last year and I very highly recommend it.
As far as SciFi my favorites are the original Star Wars trilogy, the original Star Trek series and the Alien and Predator films but not the AvP crap.
I used to collect Marvel comics and an occasional DC title as a kid and love superheroes, especially the Batman Begins film and the Justice League animated series.
I'm generally not into sports except for the NFL as I've been an avid Kansas City Chiefs fan since the late 80's.
TV shows I watch are mostly classics, especially Twilight Zone, Trek, Honeymooners, Benny Hill and Monty Python.
One new show I'm really into is the new Terminator series which I think is done rather well.
Being born in 70 there was no way I could escape the video game craze and owned systems from the 2600 up until the first XBOX. Now I mostly play MAME on the computer for a quick classic arcade fix.
I was into classic rock as a kid, especially KISS but hated hair bands in the 80's so I got into rap when breakin was all the rage. That led into being a DJ and collecting records in the 90's. The whole violent turn rap took in the last 10 years turned me off and now I mostly listen to rock, soul and psychedelic from the late 60's-early 70's.

I guess I have too many hobbies going on but at least I'm never bored.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:29 am

Besides the obvious love of old monster and horror movies, and exploitation and Bond, and AIP, and Amicus, and.....

Cinemania aside, I used to be a big record collector, and still find it very relaxing to flip through the stacks at record stores and flea markets here and there.

I also used to be a comic book reader/collector in the 80's, until the habit got to be a bit too rich for my high school blood. I've gotten rid of most of them, but have kept a box or two for future re-reading.

Used to collect bubblegum cards too, and still have them in binders tucked away.

I guess putting together SATURDAY FRIGHT SPECIAL is my main hobby now, as it's all I have time for...

Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:33 pm

Skorch, I've had The World At War on videotape that I recorded waaaay back when it was on PBS. I haven't viewed them in quite some time so I don't even know if they're still watchable. Along the same lines, PBS had a great series in the mid-90's that was very similar the World At War called Battlefield. Each 2-hour episode would concentrate on specific big battles of WWII like Battle of France, Battle of Britain, Battle of Russia, Midway, etc. If you can find it I highly, highly recommend it. I also recommend their Battlefield: VietNam ; very well done.
I was a comic reader/collector as well, so most of the recent superhero films have found their way to my shelf. About 10 years ago, a friend of mine asked me to help him organize his comic book collection. He had entire runs of many of the major titles in Marvel and DC going back to the late 60's. I think I did as much reading as organizing...it was amazing

I also have MAME for my computer, though I hardly play it anymore...yes, I was heavily into KISS as well. Dynasty was the last album I bought....I've liked the Beatles since childhood...I briefly tried rap in the early 80's with RUN-DMC.

Mark I am an avid card collector as well, and have 10 binders full of cards. All of the partially completed sets I had as a kid plus many more I never originally collected, I was able to complete thanks to eBay.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:49 pm
Site Admin

My Handgun
This is my Taurus PT-92 AFS 9mm Stainless Steel finish

Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:12 am

traveling
and spending way too much money on gourmet dinners would be mine. besides of course watching horror/scifi movies endlessly.

i'm in a weird band too if anyone wants to check it out.

www.astroal.com

hope nobody minds the plug.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:36 pm

Astro Al....

I'm...not sure what to make of the Crimson Executioner, but The Ode to the Pillzz Berry Dough Boy plays like a demented Mr. Bill sketch. I think I like that.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:20 pm

if you want to understand evil organs watch the movie bloody pit of horror.

its one of our favorite really bad movies.

Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:34 pm

Did a quick search at the IMDB for Bloody Pit of Horror

Wow, can a movie have any more aliases!?

A Tale of Torture (undefined)
Bloody Pit of Horror USA
Crimson Executioner (undefined)
Some Virgins for the Hangman (undefined)
The Castle of Artena (undefined)
The Red Hangman USA (promotional title)
The Scarlet Executioner (undefined)
The Scarlet Hangman (undefined)
Virgins for the Hangman (undefined)

Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:10 pm

it is a strange movie. really weird and very silly.

the crimson x guy is so into himself its beyond absurd.

the flick is priceless.

Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:09 pm
Site Admin

I like Great White with James Franciscus and Vic Morrow. Was pulled from theaters after Universal sued because it was a rip-off off Jaws. Can't find it anywhere but on bootleg

Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next