View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:05 am

Welcome
Welcome to THE CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE Board!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 R.I.P. Reuben Kincade and The Professor 

R.I.P. Reuben Kincade and The Professor
I'm sure most people here are already aware of this, but since it hasn't been posted I figured I'd go ahead and do it. A couple of iconic characters from our (people who grew up watching TV at the time of CDF) passed away this week. Russell Johnson (The Professor from "Gilligan's Island) and Dave Madden (Reuben Kincaid from "the Partridge Family both died on January 16th. As with a lot of these deaths that get reported here I feel sad about the news, but at the same time find it somewhat less depressing because they both lived very long and (hopefully) full lives (Johnson was 89 and Madden was 82).

And just to add to the death list, Daimajinbob let me know via Facebook that Ruth Robinson Duccini also died on the 16th. THe name might not ring any bells, but Ruth was one of the Munchkins from "The Wizard of Oz". As long as I've been aware of the fact that "The Wizard of Oz" was a movie, as opposed to reality, I've been aware that there were a number of original Munchkins still alive--even though all of the key actors from the movie had long since passed on. Of course the number of surviving Munchkins dwindled over the years. It turns out that Ruth Duccini was the last female Munchkin and after all this time there is actually only ONE* remaining Munchkin--Jerry Maren. When he goes it will be really be the end of an era.

*I did see in some of the stories about Ruth Duccini that there are a few more Munchkins still around, but they were "regular" people (little girls) that acted alongside the "little people". Guess that's worth mentioning when stating that there's only ONE remaining Munchkin!

Oh well, we'll all be eaten by Zigra sooner or later.

Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:27 pm

Re: R.I.P. Reuben Kincade and The Professor
Always a bit sad to see legendary and iconic actors leave us, even if they've been out of the spotlight for some time. We're getting to the point where all of them will be gone which is why I was thrilled to meet Larry Storch at this past RI ComicCon. It was kinda like meeting a current celebrity with F Troop being on ME TV and watching the original Ghostbusters with my granddaughter.

Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:02 pm
Site Admin

Re: R.I.P. Reuben Kincade and The Professor
Ironically, Russell Johnson lived on an island in Washington State, Bainbridge Island.

Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]