View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:45 am

Welcome
Welcome to THE CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE Board!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Sure is Quiet Around Here... 

Sure is Quiet Around Here...
I usually stop by two or three times a week without logging in, to see if there are any new posts. Usually there are from our regulars, but these last few weeks have been strangely quiet. I'm guilty of this as well since I haven't posted anything in a while.

I hope this is not an indication of lost of interest in this forum, so let me say now that I have certainly not.

One thing I found interesting is the "Who's Online" box at the bottom of the main index shows Most users ever online was 40 on January 11th, 2012, 3:58 am. Who the heck are all these people and why are they here at 4 in the morning?!? Are they all lurkers?

...I did notice that the Shoutbox shows recent activity, so that's a good thing!

Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:21 am

Re: Sure is Quiet Around Here...
I'm guilty of the same thing Beastball. I still check the board regularly, but simply haven't had much to say recently. There are a number of threads that I've been meaning to respond to, but just can't seem to get around to doing so. My guess is that all of our handful of regulars are pretty much doing the same thing. Maybe a bit of mid-winter doldrums?

That's very interesting about the Most users ever online thing. I do wonder how many active lurkers we have around here. It would be great if they'd join us.

Any lurkers reading this?

Oh well, we'll all be eaten by Zigra sooner or later.

Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:17 pm

yeah that is weird.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:37 pm
Site Admin

Unfortunately, I work 12 hours a day, so when I get home I just crash until I have to work again. Sad I know since I am the one who started the board.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:47 pm

sorry man those are long shifts. i used to work those so i feel your pain.

heck i did 3 days in december 8-7 and i was just about dead so i can relate.

Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Yeah, those long shifts are killer. I hadn't worked 12 hour days since my high school years. One summer, I had to cover a co-worker's vacation and worked 6am-6:30pm the whole week. All I did was work and sleep, sometimes being too tired to even eat. I was in my teens and it wasted me, I couldn't imagine doing it now.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:35 am

So here we go again...

I haven't logged on all week and I noticed the same six or so people are the only ones posting yet....

when you go down to the "Who's Online" section on the main page you'll read:

In total there are 14 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 14 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes) Most users ever online was 63 on Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:16 am

Attachment:
whoisonline.gif
whoisonline.gif [ 54.65 KiB | Viewed 1186 times ]

14 lurkers at the time I logged in?
63 people here at 2am this morning?
Again, who are all these people, why are they here at 2am, and why don't they ever participate and make this forum more lively? I know I would visit much more often, if more people posted.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:15 pm
Site Admin

I've been streaming Breaking Bad on Netflix. That's why I haven't posted anything lately. I'm addicted to the show.

Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:41 pm

That really IS weird. Since the vast majority of these "visitors" and lurkers are "Guests" I'm wondering if they might not be some sort of bots that are roaming around sites looking for places to leave spam or something like that. I'm no tech expert, so I don't really know about such things, but it would seem like something like that might be in play. I mean, 63 people here at 2:00 AM?!? It's a great board, and it SHOULD have that many people visiting (and contributing), but that just doesn't seem to be the case in reality.

And, once again, I've been guilty of being "quiet" lately--like the title of the thread says. I've been meaning to respond to some threads (including some very old ones), but just haven't gotten around to it. Maybe I should have made that my New Year's resolution!

Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:12 pm
Site Admin

Chances are those 63 hanging around at 2am are looking to sell kitchen remodeling or some other crapola.

Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:47 am

Daimajinbob wrote:
I've been streaming Breaking Bad on Netflix. That's why I haven't posted anything lately. I'm addicted to the show.

Every time I visited other forums whether they were sports related or model building or whatever, there was at least one or two people talking about how amazing this show is. I've never seen it, but I do know a little of what it's about. I also heard for the Blu-ray release, Bryan Cranston pulled a stunt with his "Malcolm in the Middle" co-star, much like what Bob Newhart did for his "Newhart" finale.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:42 pm

It IS a great show. We don't have cable, so we didn't get into it for a long time. But around the third season or so we finally broke down and started watching it through Netflix. When we started it was via DVD, but the last couple of seasons we watched on Netflix streaming. I was skeptical about it at first. Despite all the positive stuff I'd heard, all I knew about it was that it had the dad from Malcolm in the Middle running around in his underwear. Seemed pretty silly. It didn't take us long though (probably 2 episodes) to get hooked on the show. The good thing about not having cable and being up to date is that we're still a season behind. I consider that "good" because most of the rest of the world is already done with the show, but we still have the last season (once it becomes available on streaming) to look forward to! I somehow managed to not hear many spoilers during the time of the series finale.

Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:51 pm

My activity on the board tends to be sporadic, but I mostly use my e-mail feed to read new comments on exiting posts without logging in. As a group we are nearing 12,000 posts and that is great considering that less than 10 of us are really active users/posters. I do see much less activity on my Facebook feeds from friends too. I mostly use that site for news and events and occasional posts. Anyway, I'm happy to be a member of this board and enjoy reading all the posts, even if I don't respond.

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:46 pm

same cdf fan

i too am now hooked on breaking bad. all it took was watching the first episode. bryan cranston was amazing.

we're about halfway through season 2 now.

Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:23 pm

I'm sure a lot of us (or at least the few of us who are still somewhat active here) have been thinking this for a while (Sure is Quiet Around Here). Instead of starting a new thread to say that I dug this old one from Beastball up. Funny thing is, it actually follows a pattern. Beastball first posted this in March 2012, and then it was revived with the same thoughts in January 2014. Now it's been another two years and I'm reviving it again in March 2016.

As I say each time it gets bumped (and it's hard to believe it's been FOUR YEARS since it started!) I say the same thing--that I'm as guilty as anyone about not being more active here. I'm guessing that most of us were really excited when Daimajinbob started this "new" board after the first one disappeared. The excitement of the first one followed to this one for quite a while. My guess is that we're pretty much all connected and shared our memories of CDF and our continued interest in all things that were inspired by our interest in the show. There are still things that come up to be shared, but I suppose everyone has their own lives to live and the time to hang out at the board is limited. It seems like most action when someone new stumbles onto the site after all this time and joins up. We recently had KennyCtv56 join us and add to a bunch of threads. Unfortunately, even when someone joins up these days there just don't seem to be enough active users to really get/keep conversations going. I think it's all a natural thing and I'm not complaining or anything--just trying to make an observation. And I'm certainly not complaining about anyone in particular not posting (as I'm as guilty of it as anyone). It's just too bad that, at least at the moment, even the core group of members seem to have gotten away from the board.

Could everyone who sees this reply just to let us know who's still around, whether just lurking or looking to participate? Doesn't have to be anything big, just a "Hey, I'm still here" kind of thing.

As I said four years ago and again two years ago, I DO still have stuff I want to share here and old threads I want to respond to. Hopefully I'll be able to actually follow through this time. It always makes it easier when you know there are others out there.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next