View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:48 am

Welcome
Welcome to THE CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE Board!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 The Avengers (2012) 

The Avengers (2012)
The Avengers; Lineup to Include The Hulk
From trekmovie.com
http://trekmovie.com/2010/01/27/sci-fi-movies-wednesday-the-avengers-caesar-clash-of-the-titans-conan-harry-potter-the-hobbit-kick-***-more/

Avengers Lineup Confirmed + Including Hulk
Marvel Studios president of production Kevin Feige was interviewed by SFX magazine [via World of Superheroes] about several of the studio’s upcoming movies, and in the article confirmed the lineup for "The Avengers" [emphasis mine]:

Quote:
"My only concern is that when we launch a franchise.. whichever characters franchise that may be, it should stand on its own two feet. With Iron Man being the first one out of the gate, thank goodness that’s what happened. Everyone loved it. Its our job to do the same with Thor and Captain America two years from now, so by the time The Avengers comes in 2012 its not just a team super hero movie with a bunch of characters with powers, its three people, four including Hulk, five including Nick Fury-who you have seen before in other movies, coming together for the very first time."

Meanwhile, "The Incredible Hulk" director Louis Leterrier told MTV that it would be "too simplistic" if they were to make Hulk the villain in the film, something that has been hinted at in the past:
Quote:
"He’s not really a villain," said the filmmaker. "If Hulk is a villain, that’s too simplistic."

"What’s great about Marvel is that it’s never good guy and bad guy, hero and villain — it’s more complex than that," he explained. "Hulk could be in trouble and chased by Iron Man, no problem. But I don’t think he would end up the villain, killing people and being villainous of his own free will."

"The Avengers" is scheduled to hit theaters on May 4, 2012.

Last edited by Beastball on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:07 pm

Re: Avengers; Lineup Confirmed to Include Hulk
it will be good if they only have 4-5 avengers in it that way they won't have too many charectors competing for screen time.

Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:30 am

Did you feel that was the case with The Watchmen?

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:30 pm

not at all.

however with the xmen i really felt that way.

Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:43 pm

Joss Whedon will Direct (and re-write)
Joss Whedon will direct (and re-write) Marvel’s The Avengers
On April 1st IESB reported that Joss Whedon was at the top of Marvel’s short list to direct "The Avengers" and now Deadline New York’s Mike Fleming is reporting that Whedon is in final negotiations to direct the film:

Quote:
I’m told Marvel Studios is in final negotiations for Buffy the Vampire Slayer series architect Joss Whedon to direct Marvel Studios’ The Avengers. That’s the fast-tracked film that would amount to an all-star team of Marvel superheros, including Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America (Chris Evans), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), as well as SHIELD leader Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson). Other signature superheros will likely be involved, but I’ve listed the actors in active superhero duty.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:27 pm

ugh i hate buffy the vampire series. it attempted to be way too hip all the time.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:00 pm

I've never watched a full episode of Buffy; only seeing bits and pieces while channel surfing. Really not my cup of tea

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:54 pm

Rumor: The Skrulls in The Avengers
http://trekmovie.com/2010/05/21/sci-fi-movies-friday-transformers-3-thor-the-avengers-pirates-of-the-caribbean-4-predators-cowboys-aliens-more/
Rumor: The Skrulls in The Avengers?
Could the villain of "The Avengers" be The Skrulls? That’s what Comic Book Movie is reporting according to two sources "close to production", although they caution that they haven’t been able to confirm it with the studio (but this does back up CHUD’s reporting from last July):

Quote:
"…the shape-changing alien race the Skrulls are being used as the main antagonists for The Avengers. Not only that, but the Skrulls will ‘brainwash’ and use the Hulk in a similar fashion Loki did in the comics. Don’t expect a full on alien invasion, though; that will have to wait for a sequel. The Skrulls’ role will be largely clandestine, similar to the way S.H.I.E.L.D. operates. "

Quote:
Since Joss Whedon hasn’t written the script it’s hard to say what will be in the final movie. My sources last year told me to expect the movie to open with The Avengers coming together to stop a rampaging Hulk; in the comics the Hulk’s rampage was instigated by Loki, but it could just as easily be spurred by the Skrulls, who are shapeshifters. My sources told me to look at the first 12 issues of The Ultimates, Mark Millar’s reboot of The Avengers in the Ultimate Universe, for a basic structure for the first film.

Meanwhile, CBM goes on to report that the Kree, the enemy of the Skrulls, "will also have a presence as Earthly allies." And lastly, the site reports that rather than try to work out deals with Fox and Sony, rights owners to Spider-Man, Wolverine and the Fantastic Four, etc., Marvel Studios will instead "pretend they don’t exist in the Marvel Cinema Universe until those companies inevitably grow tired of them."

Wed May 26, 2010 5:15 pm

Iron Man Won’t Show Up Again Until The Avengers
Iron Man Won’t Show Up Again Until The Avengers

http://trekmovie.com/2010/06/11/sci-fi-movies-friday-captain-america-thor-batman-3-transformers-3-the-hobbit-the-flash-mortal-kombat-voltron/

"Iron Man 2" director Jon Favreau revealed in an interview on the radio show "Kevin and Bean" (on LA’s KROQ) that we won’t be seeing Robert Downey Jr. in "Thor" or ‘Captain America’ and that instead we’ll have to wait until the 2012 release "The Avengers" — which he will serve on as one of the producers — to see the character on film again:

Quote:
He’s not in ‘Thor’, he’s not in Cap which are the two movies for next Summer. It’ll be very interesting to see how the Marvel Universe branches off. All of these movies are going to be taken into account for ‘The Avengers’ in two years.

Later in the interview he offered some more thoughts on "The Avengers":

Quote:
I’m not sure where The Avengers goes. There is no shooting draft written yet. It’s gonna be a big undertaking for Marvel to actually incorporate what happened in ‘Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America, The Hulk. All that has to inform one unified vision in The Avengers. It’s a very exciting prospect. And certainly, Tony Stark is not going to be involved in any of the movies until that one.

Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:38 pm

The cast The Avengers, with director Joss Whedon, assembled
The cast The Avengers, with director Joss Whedon, assembled on stage

One of the biggest events at this year’s (Comic-Con) convention was the on-stage assembling of the cast of "The Avengers" along with newly announced director Joss Whedon. Here’s the shot of the cast:

From left to right: Robert Downey Jr. (Tony Stark / Iron Man), Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg), Scarlett Johansson (Natasha Romanoff / Black Widow), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Chris Evans (Steve Rogers / Captain America), Samuel L. Jackson (Nick Fury), Jeremy Renner (Clint Barton / Hawkeye), Mark Ruffalo (Bruce Banner / The Incredible Hulk), Joss Whedon (Director) and Kevin Feige (Marvel head / Producer)

You can watch the video reveal below

Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:58 pm

more black widow! yum!

Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:05 pm

Amen, brother

Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:56 pm

Avengers Starts Shooting in February; Hulk Talk
The Avengers starts shooting in February 2011 + Mark Ruffalo talks Hulk

http://trekmovie.com/2010/08/13/sci-fi-movies-friday-green-lantern-harry-potter-captain-america-the-avengers-john-carter-of-mars-the-shadow-avatar-more/

Joss Whedon’s "The Avengers" will begin shooting in February 2011. In related news, Mark Ruffalo talked with EW about taking over as the Hulk in the film:

Quote:
"It was very exciting – and I realized I had some pretty big shoes to fill," he said. "Those were my heroes up there! I was a comic book fan growing up. I loved the Hulk and the Avengers – it’s just strange to be entering that world as an actor. I never would have imagined that before."

Ruffalo also offered his thoughts on Bruce Banner’s persona:

Quote:
"He’s a guy struggling with two sides of himself – the dark and the light – and everything he does in his life is filtered through issues of control. I grew up on the Bill Bixby TV series, which I thought was a really nuanced and real human way to look at the Hulk. I like that the part has those qualities."

"The Avengers" is slated to be released in theaters on May 4, 2012. Check out the Comic-Con teaser trailer embedded below.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:00 pm

So -- no Wasp? I was hoping that the Avengers movie would have the sexy insect-size heroine!

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:16 am

Not as far as I can tell from IMDB. Nor her husband Henry Pym (Ant-Man / Giant-Man); another founding member of the Avengers.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next