View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:38 am

Welcome
Welcome to THE CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE Board!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 VHS tapes from CDF found in my closet 

VHS tapes from CDF found in my closet
I have located 2 VHS films that were taped from CDF. The titles are Count Dracula's Great Love starring Paul Naschy and Dracula , Prince of Darkness starring Christopher Lee. The CDF intro shows the rubber hand coming from a bubbling pool of water. Anyone interested. I am cleaning out my VHS collection. I also have the 3 Creature From the Black Lagoon films also.

[email protected]

Fri May 02, 2008 11:38 am

Hey Count

I'm interested. I have all the Creature films and Dracula Prince of Darkness, but I'd love to see them in the context of CDF.

Email me with details of what you are looking for:

[email protected]

Thanks

Fri May 02, 2008 6:40 pm

Hey gang,

I've contacted countdrac, and he's going to send me the CDF tapes so I can convert them to DVDs and make copies available to all who want them, like I've done with the recent CDFs and old Boston TV compilations.

Can't wait to see these, and can't wait to spread the joy.

Thanks, count!

Sat May 03, 2008 7:51 pm

You are all very welcome. I have to just relocate Count Dracula's Great Love and I will send them on their way. Just please be an honest person and send the tapes back when finished. I have done this before on a Dracula film and never got it back. I am trusting you.

~David.

Sun May 04, 2008 8:48 pm

David,

No problem. Once I've digitized the tapes, they'll wing their way back to you ASAP.

Sun May 04, 2008 8:55 pm

This is awesome. I saw this post and was obviously excited to hear that someone had tapes of CDF broadcasts, which are more or less like the Holy Grail for CDF fans. As I have no way of digitizing them I was secretly hoping that Mark would get involved (but obviously didn't want to speak for him). Thanks for stepping up to the plate Mark. I'll be looking forward to seeing these gems when you are done with them. And don't worry countdrac, I've dealt with Mark a number of times and feel confident in saying that your tapes will be in good hands.

Obviously these must be latter day CDFs, if they have the rubber hand opening. I'm still hoping to see some even older CDF tapes surface, but needless to say, those were on in the days before VCRs were being used by many people (and the ones that WERE out there were astronomically expensive).

One question countdrac...do these recordings include the commercials? I know that as kids many of us would try to edit out the commercials to maximize tape space, but now I feel that the commercials are almost as important as the shows themselves--it's like a little time capsule from a treasured time in the past. Just look at all the posts here about the memories generated by old commercials that people have rediscovered on YouTube!

Finally, thank you countdrac for being willing to share your tapes with us, and thank you Mark once again for doing the work to spread the joy!

Oh well, we'll all be eaten by Zigra sooner or later.

Tue May 06, 2008 11:34 am

Quote:
One question countdrac...do these recordings include the commercials? I know that as kids many of us would try to edit out the commercials to maximize tape space, but now I feel that the commercials are almost as important as the shows themselves--it's like a little time capsule from a treasured time in the past. Just look at all the posts here about the memories generated by old commercials that people have rediscovered on YouTube!

It's the ultimate irony...the commercials we hated, HATED as kids, are now looked upon with a warm fuzzy feeling :P

Tue May 06, 2008 11:58 am

It's so true. I guess we remember being all excited about the movies and shows we watched as kids. It's natural to continue to have an interest in those movies and shows that we remember so fondly. But I suppose that the commercials were such an ephemeral thing (only meant to be aired for a period of time until a newer commercial took its place, or until a product was no longer new/available) that seeing them after so many years triggers even more memories of our lost youth. No matter how annoying, grating or simply forgettable some of those ads seemed back then, as relics from the past they have accrued a whole new nostalgia factor over time.

Tue May 06, 2008 1:24 pm

Hey Mark, what's the status of this project?

Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:20 am

Haven't recieved the tapes yet. When I do I'll crank the discs out.

No rush, Count. Whenever it's convenient for you. I'm up to my ears with SFS in the meanwhile...

Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:28 am

Re: VHS tapes from CDF found in my closet
I would definitely be intereseted in Creature Double Feature broadcasts (VHS or DVD).

Please contact me with info.

Thank you,
Ray Estrella
[email protected]
Somerville, MA

Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:14 am

Welcome to the board rpe94. I think it goes without saying that pretty much everyone here at the board is VERY interested in acquiring original broadcasts of CDF. Because of their rarity (at least up to this point), original CDF show broadcasts are frequently called the Holy Grail for CDF fans!

I'm sure Mark will let us all know the instant he gets these tapes and digitizes them.

Last edited by Col. Manning on Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:43 pm

Did anything ever happen with this?

Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:14 am

Never heard from countdrac. I'd still do the DVD transfer in a heartbeat, though.

Mark

Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:49 am

Hey Mark

I have the ability to make VHS to DVD, if interested. Oh, I'm probably confused, Count had the VHS. My bad

Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next