View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:12 pm

Welcome
Welcome to THE CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE Board!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Growing up with Star Wars 
Site Admin

Growing up with Star Wars

Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:03 am

Re: Growing up with Star Wars
I completely agree!

Star Wars was omnipresent in my life throughout the late 70's and early 80's. I'm lucky that I've been able to keep my childhood toy collection safe and sound back at my family home in MA. And every year when I travel back to visit family, I get to check in on my collection and enjoy a nice trip down memory lane.

Sears Wish Books FTW! Spent hours staring at the pages of Star Wars, Spider-Man, and Buck Rogers, etc. :)

Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:37 am

Hey Kenny, that's so great that you were able to keep your childhood Star Wars collection! I think the majority of us fell into Daimajinbob's category of having all or nearly all of it just disappear. I am lucky enough to have at least some of my old stuff saved. In addition to a small portion of my old Star Wars stuff I also have the majority of my Matchbox cars among other things. They're mostly all in storage now, but at least i know where they are! I think that most people "of our age" feel the nostalgia for all the old toys of their youth and many try to recreate some of the magic by buying some if it again on eBay or at collectible shops. Hey, next time you're visiting family maybe you might think about taking a photo or three of some of your collection to share here? I'm sure we'd all love to see some of that stuff that's still in the hands of the kid who had them when they were new! Just something to think about...

And, speaking of the Sears Wish Book, if you get a chance, check out my blog post I wrote a few years back all about the 1980 Wish Book. Might spark some happy memories of looking through those giant books back in the day!

http://monsterdad69.blogspot.com/2011/12/resurrecting-past-1980-sears-wish-book.html

Oh well, we'll all be eaten by Zigra sooner or later.

Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:07 pm

Great blog post, Col.! So many of the pages you wrote about bring back a lot memories. Every kid in my family wore those Moon Boots! (I remember them being comfy and warm?) And although I was 9 at the time I still remember thinking how cool that Fisher-Price Houseboat was! (With 6 younger brothers and sisters, one of them must have gotten it.) I'm also happy to say I still have about 25 View-Master Reels (Land of the Giants, Puss n' Boots, Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolf Man, etc). And my older brother collected—and still has—Matchbox cars while my collection included Star Wars, G.I. Joe, Transformers, Sectaurs, Atari video games, and plenty of Marvel comic books.

Yeah, I must have been a strange kid to have saved my childhood toy collection (I never brought my toys outdoors—some were placed neatly back in their original packaging). I was also lucky enough that none of my younger siblings ever got into it, and that my parents let me store it for so many years.

Taking proper pics of some of the items in my collection has been a goal for years! It's definitely on my to-do list again this year. If and when I take them, I'll definitely share and post.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:50 am
Site Admin

Col. Manning wrote:
Hey Kenny, that's so great that you were able to keep your childhood Star Wars collection! I think the majority of us fell into Daimajinbob's category of having all or nearly all of it just disappear. I am lucky enough to have at least some of my old stuff saved. In addition to a small portion of my old Star Wars stuff I also have the majority of my Matchbox cars among other things. They're mostly all in storage now, but at least i know where they are! I think that most people "of our age" feel the nostalgia for all the old toys of their youth and many try to recreate some of the magic by buying some if it again on eBay or at collectible shops. Hey, next time you're visiting family maybe you might think about taking a photo or three of some of your collection to share here? I'm sure we'd all love to see some of that stuff that's still in the hands of the kid who had them when they were new! Just something to think about...

And, speaking of the Sears Wish Book, if you get a chance, check out my blog post I wrote a few years back all about the 1980 Wish Book. Might spark some happy memories of looking through those giant books back in the day!

http://monsterdad69.blogspot.com/2011/12/resurrecting-past-1980-sears-wish-book.html

Awesome Blog!

Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]