View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:54 pm

Welcome
Welcome to THE CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE Board!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 The Final Episode.. 
Site Admin

The Final Episode..
man this was tough to watch knowing it was the end. I will break this down to outline (more or less)

1) Halo and Athena's daughter Hera is saved after an all out blitz on the Cylons main outpost
2)The Final Five connect Anders (cylon model 3) to the Galactica's main frame to interfere with 'evil cylons' communication during the assault
3)After the battle is over, Starbuck programs co-ordinates based on musical notes which been haunting her since her return (every button on a phone has a distinct tone) in to the FTL and the remaining ships 'jump' to a new planet where the the Galactica's structure all but collapses and is now useless.
4) The new planet is EARTH-OUR EARTH!!! but there is a catch)
5) Once on the planet, they discover a primitive species of man and begin moving the remaining colonists to the surface, they landed in Africa.
6) Once on the surface, it is like the final episode of MASH where every one goes their separate ways. Adama takes Rosalyn for a ride in a Raptor to see the new planet where she finally succumbs to cancer and dies.
7)Starbuck and Apollo are talking about their plans when Starbuck disappears, she never actually returned, she was nothing more than a ghost.
8,)Flash forward ahead 150,000 years where scientists have discovered the skeletal remains of Halo, Athena and Hera (still a child, assuming an asteroid hit the Earth wiping them all out) and has been classified as Mitochondrial Eve

The events in this series take place 150,000 years ago

Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:32 pm

Re: The Final Episode..
I have been pondering this episode off and on for a while.

been doing research too and found a few things..the whole skeletons and the Mitochondrial Eve. Shes not a child. She is supposed to be the decendant of ALL modern man. That one link that binds us. Thats why they call her Eve. the first woman.So she was the genetic leap we needed to go from primitive to what we are now.

Starbuck? I have no idea. Maybe an angel? Everyone could see her. Was she a "savior"

The funny thing is..they tried to solve our missing link problem. And I might add a very convincing way.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:19 am
Site Admin

The child was part Cylon hence the skeletal and genetic difference

Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:30 am

My wife and I FINALLY got around to finishing the series (after many DVD rentals from Netflix and borrows from libraries) last night. Overall I thought the finale was very good. The destroyed Earth they had found earlier had confused and kind of disappointed me. It was interesting, but kind of depressing. To have them suddenly use the "musical" coordinates to find our Earth was a pretty intense and satisfying ending for me. It wasn't a perfect ending I suppose, but after the big disappointment (for me personally at least) of the Finale of "LOST", it was very well done and finished up the story pretty cleanly. And, best of all, it actually made some sense too!

I also enjoyed the little nods to the original show in the finale. I know that they had sprinkled nods like this throughout the series, but to have a couple of them in the finale was nice. Specifically I'm thinking of the old-school Cylons fighting for the "bad" Cylons and the bits of the original theme playing as the fleet slowly headed toward the Sun.

I've avoided this thread for the past year-and-a-half until I could see the finale.

Oh well, we'll all be eaten by Zigra sooner or later.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:40 pm
Site Admin

The one thing that bothered me was when they forward 150,000no one ever found The Raptor?

Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:28 pm

Maybe it's still out there...just waiting to be found by some very confounded archaeologists!

Oh well, we'll all be eaten by Zigra sooner or later.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]