View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:04 am

Welcome
Welcome to THE CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE Board!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Welcome to the board 

Great to have the board back!

Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:45 am

Thank you Daimajinbob!

Nice to see a new site continuing the tradition and memories!

D

Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:27 pm

WHOA!
I come back to the board a few hours after posting something, and the entire look of it has changed! :shock:

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:51 pm

I think I like the new look (it always takes a little while to get used to a change in a website that you are used to seeing a certain way). I wonder if a little more tweaking (font color?) might make it a litle easier to read with the new black backround? I'm not an expert in these things, so I'm not sure.

Oh well, we'll all be eaten by Zigra sooner or later.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:41 am

Great look! Great Job!

Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:53 am

Looks fantastic!

http://www.shillingshockers.com

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:05 pm
Site Admin

I will change it up from time to time

Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:28 pm

Great Job
Great looking site.

Apologies to all, I just could not afford to keep sites up any longer.

I look forward to participating here.

Sorry I have been silent. Great to be here now.

Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:39 pm
Site Admin

Re: Great Job
Dzilla wrote:
Great looking site.

welcome aboard

Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:49 pm

Re: Great Job
Dzilla wrote:
Great looking site.

Hey Dzilla good to hear from you. No need to apologize, you're what got us where we are now.
Don't be a stranger!

Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:04 pm

Nice to have ya around Dzilla!

Dr. Who

Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:45 am

Hey everybody.
Love the new site--used to lurk over at Dzilla's CDF site and had been missing it until I found this place thanks to Wikipedia.

I grew up in New Jersey in the 70s/80s; we got around 15 channels over the air between NY and Philly--even though it's been almost 30 years since then, I still remember them--2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, 29, 48, 52, and 57--not a lot compared to what's available today, but so much cooler than the consolidated corporate crap that's on today...and nary an infomercial or reality tv show in sight. We had CDF, Monster Week on the 4:30 movie, King Kong and Mighty Joe Young on Thanksgiving, early morning cartoons, late night B&W flicks--God, I miss independently owned UHF!

Anyway, this isn't technically a CDF story, but I thought I'd share one experience I'll always remember from when I was a kid. I was maybe 8 or 9 years old, and the tv movie Trilogy of Terror was scheduled to air on TV late one night back in the early 80s. Although that day I was in bed with a fever and probably slightly conked out on Robitussin, I asked my mom to wake me up to watch it--this was before we owned a VCR--since I had heard from my older siblings about the "little man" that comes to life in the movie and wanted desperately to see it--I was a Star Wars fanatic at that time, but also loved anything with dinosaurs, robots, or monsters.

I remember it being really late, sometime after midnight--my bedtime was a lot earlier back then, so it might have only been 10 or 11 pm or so--when my mom, God bless her, shook me awake and told me that the movie I wanted to see was on--Trilogy of Terror. Half asleep, half delirious, bathed in the soft blue glow from the 13 inch black and white television set in the darkened room, I awoke to the seeminly inoccuous pitter patter of little feet running across the room which soon enough devolved into the blood curdling screams of panic from Karen Black as she was hunted by the possessed wooden creature.

It was the most terrifying thing I had ever witnessed in my short life: the doll's primitive war holler rang in my ears--"Ai! Ai! Ai! Ai! Ai! Ai! Ai! Ai! Ai!" The face, that horrible inhuman face--the little beady black eyes, crooked hook nose, and the demonic mouth like a shark's--seemingly filled with row upon row of sharp jagged fangs--ah, those teeth! The spear under the bed! The horror! The terror! As a kid, you always knew there was something horrible under the bed, waiting to get you, and here was the visible proof. It was like something out of a nightmare. I couldn't take it...it was the only time I can remember that I actually screamed and hid behind the covers and asked my mom to come and turn the tv off during a "scary" movie.

I went back to sleep, and sunk into fitful dreams induced by childhood flu, cough syrup, and the images of that damned doll come to life.

It wasn't until years later that I was able to see the entire movie when I taped Trilogy of Terror off of TV that I even saw the other 2 episodes and the great ending of "Prey", the episode I had seen through the haze of my fever-dream, but damn...I'll never forget how scary I thought that little Zuni doll was...and how much fun it was being so damn terrified simply from a movie.

I would never be the same.

Thanks Mom!! (and thanks to Dan Curtis and Richard Matheson for bringing that little demon doll to life!)

L.P. Hovercraft

(Next time--L.P. Hovercraft reminisces about other 70s and 80s childhood cinematic terrors from the wilds of New Jersey--including Sasquatch's arm through the window, Don't Be Afraid of the Dark's shrunken apple headed imps ("Sally, we want you Sally!"), and Tales from the Darkside's albino closet dweller!)

Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:09 am

A piece of my childhood restored!!!

I've never even been to New England, but I have fond memories of CDF. I grew up in the late 70's/early 80's in East Central PA. We used to get a lot of the Philly stations and one of them showed CDF. It was old WKBS Channel 48 (now defunct). I believe it was owned by the same people who owned WLVI. I remember sitting & watching all of those great B&W horror movies on a Saturday afternoon with my Dad. I think that's where I first saw "Godzilla". Did they show "Blackula" on CDF or am I remembering wrong? Great stuff. I remember the intro showed a scary house in the background with some lightning and a creepy zombie-like creature whose face looked like it was peeling off. Does that ring a bell?

Wikipedia says CDF only ran in Philly from 76-79. I seem to remember it on longer than that or else Svengoolie hosted it after 79 until shortly before the station went dark in 83. Does that make sense? It's been a long time. :wink:

Sorry for the rant....Great site! Is there any way I can get my hands on a copy of the recent CDF revival on Ch. 56?

Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:12 pm

Welcome Ace of Spades!
I've read lots of memories of people catching CDF in the Philly area but as far as I know it hasn't been confirmed they showed the same movies. I think channel 48 had a different intro sequence which would make sense (different call letters) and I hope someone digs up that on video. If someone in the PA area could scan and post some TV guides from back then or find TV listings from the newspaper in Philly, would could compare with the list I have from Boston so far.
email me for the CDF revival details.

Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:22 pm

I wish I would've kept those old TV listings....who'da thunk 20-some years later there'd be a site like this? If I remember correctly, the intro was always the same. I was terrified of that creepy guy....He kind of looked like the guy in your avatar, skorch.

I've looked all over the internet for some clips from Ch. 48 and have never seen anything. Chances are they're stuck in an old warehouse somewhere.

BTW, skorch, PM on the way.

Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next