View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:13 am

Welcome
Welcome to THE CREATURE DOUBLE FEATURE Board!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, <a href="/profile.php?mode=register">join our community today</a>!

Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Welcome to the board 

I just watched some of the old CDF intros & stuff on YouTube. Great stuff!

Now that I've seen the intro for the first time in almost 30 years, I definately remember the intro being the same on WKBS in Philly. It just had Ch. 48's call letters. I was remembering the old bumper that they showed during commercials (with the scary house & the dude that looked like a mummy or something).

Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:25 am

Re: Great Job
Dzilla wrote:
Apologies to all, I just could not afford to keep sites up any longer.

I look forward to participating here.

Welcome to the new board Dzilla. I'm glad to hear you've found your way here and have joined up. It's true that if it weren't for you and the great CDF website and message board that we probably wouldn't be here today, so there's no need to apologize as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure everyone appreciates all the time and effort that must have gone into trying to keep those sites up. I'll miss them, but am glad to see the CDF community coming together again here!

Don't be a stranger

Oh well, we'll all be eaten by Zigra sooner or later.

Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:06 am

L.P. Hovercraft wrote:
Anyway, this isn't technically a CDF story, but I thought I'd share one experience I'll always remember from when I was a kid. I was maybe 8 or 9 years old, and the tv movie Trilogy of Terror was scheduled to air on TV late one night back in the early 80s.

It was the most terrifying thing I had ever witnessed in my short life: the doll's primitive war holler rang in my ears--"Ai! Ai! Ai! Ai! Ai! Ai! Ai! Ai! Ai!"

Welcome aboard L.P. Hovercraft. That was a great story. I started a thread on the old board which discussed how, as kids, we would "hide" from the movies that scared us (like the stuff on CDF). This story would fit in perfectly with the spirit of that old thread.

I always think it's such a great thing that so many of us were lucky enough to have been scared out of our wits by all those great old movies back then. It's funny to see how cheesy, or downright bad, many of those movies look today--but fueled by a child's imagination all the monsters and other horrors became very real to us as kids.

Once again, welcome to the board. I hope we get to hear more of your memories soon.

Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:16 am

Geat CDT Site
I was just talking to me son about CDF, which I watched religously every Saturday. My dad was stationed at Fort Devens, MA during the late 70's and I remember all the great memories of that place. Fort Devens has since closed down. What a great place to grow up. I loved it. I also remember Creature Feature coming on Friday nights during the early 70's. I don't remember what time it came on. With Halloween coming up, I talked with my son about some of the stuff I did. I remember the same station as CDF putting on a cartoon movie called "Jack And The Witch". My brother and I went Trick or Treating right after it was over. I think we treked for 10 miles that night for candy. We got home and my dad made us dump our bags(Pillow cases, which were full) so he could inspect for poision. What he was really doing was removing all the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. I never tasted a peanut butter cup until I grew up. Now what does this have to do with CDT, you are asking. I was just recaling some great memories from Fort Devens and CDF was always part of those great memories. I'm a diehard Godzilla fan because fo CDF. Thank you for bringing back some of those great memories.

Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:24 am

CDF is baaaack... with Ernie & The Stump
That's right...
Shooting will take place this week for air sometime in October (2007)...so I hear.
I hope my info is correct since I'm Ernie's sidekick!

Also not sure where it will air since CH56 is now in the hands of CH7.
More info as it comes in...

Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:06 pm

Re: CDF is baaaack... with Ernie & The Stump
The Stump wrote:
That's right...
Shooting will take place this week for air sometime in October (2007)...so I hear.
I hope my info is correct since I'm Ernie's sidekick!

Also not sure where it will air since CH56 is now in the hands of CH7.
More info as it comes in...

Very happy that another installment of CDF is coming our way, Stump! Could you tell us which movies will be shown?

Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:25 pm

Woo Hoo! Awesome news Stump!

I thought they were going to re-run the "Night of the Living Dead" segment, since they just re-played "The Smog Monster"...

This is confusing though... CW still says CW56? But 56 is now Channel 7?

:?

DW

Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:33 am

Great to hear from you Stump! Welcome to the board.

It's nice to have a little inside information as far as the new CDF is concerned. If you could spill the beans about the movies to be shown that would be cool, but right now I'm just happy to learn that the October installment will indeed be a new one!!! Good luck with the filming. I can't wait to see the results.

Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:53 am

Movies Unknown
The production crew knows which movies will be shown.
When we shoot the segments on FRI, I will check it out and post on Saturday.

Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:40 pm

Outstanding!

Nice to hear that another CDF is on the way!

Even if it's not a regular series, it's nice to see tha CDF can return from time to time and bring on the funny/scary.

Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:30 pm

Hello Again,

Just found this site a minute ago. I was wondering where the old CDF site had gone to, and feared it was lost. Well, I'm glad those fears proved groundless.

I can't wait to go through these posts. So many memories.....

Sat May 03, 2008 9:59 pm

Man am I glad I found this board. My family moved to Marblehead, MA from New York in 1981 and I immediately fell in love with the Creature Double Feature. I mention it from time to at my own site, Cinema Suicide and people come out of the woodwork to talk about it. Glad to see that there is a whole community dedicated to this.

I mention it in my first topic, but my brother (who manages all the Cinema S business and promotion) and I are planning a short documentary on the CDF since we're both HUMONGOUS fans of the show and the features from the show. My brother, in particular, writes reviews of the MGM Midnite Movie line which seems to have a ton of movies that aired on the CDF originally.

Hopefully we can pull it all together. We have a million projects on our plate but I'd love to see this come together more than anything.

Mon May 05, 2008 10:03 am

welcome to the board! please keep us updated on this project. i'm sure all of us would love to see it.

Tue May 06, 2008 7:42 am

Welcome RobertW and CinemaSuicide. It's always nice to have more CDF fans around the board. Thanks for letting us know about your site CinemaSuicide, I can't wait to check it out. And I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll be able to get the CDF doc started at some point. Needless to say, please keep us informed of any news as far as that project is concerned. We have quite a few knowledgeable people around here who I'm sure would be happy to help you with any information you might need.

Meanwhile, enjoy the board!

Tue May 06, 2008 10:56 am

This ought to be a great time and thanks for coming by my site. We're in a growth period right now so every visit counts.

Tue May 06, 2008 1:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next